Monday, July 15, 2013

It was Bound to Happen

Well, I suppose there was no fighting it....the arts are in their blood. We noticed it early with Cordelia. She has pretty much always been into creating. She even requests her own canvas, regularly. Now it is Elise's turn.

I recently set up the easel on the back porch. Cordelia is loving it. She has spent many an afternoon out back working on portraits (they're all portraits, even landscapes). One day Elise showed interest and I let her go for it. She grabbed a brush and waddled marched right over and started painting. She knew what to do and she was totally into it.

Elise Painting

Now, on slow days we head out back. The clothes come off and the paint gets everywhere. Thankfully it is water soluble and non-toxic so clean up is pretty straightforward. The girls wander around painting and I do a little gardening or I just drink lemonade and enjoy the time.

Elise Painting

Elise Painting

I have no idea what the future holds for these girls, but I am certainly pleased that they show an interest in the arts!

Elise Painting

4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

What a cutie! Love the modesty heart.

Michelle said...

Adorable.

Emily said...

She looks so into it!

Anonymous said...

Elise takes it so seriously, as though she has a plan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...