Saturday, July 6, 2013

Portrait

Do you remember a few months ago when I mentioned that Eric commissioned a portrait of me from our friend, artist Justin Hayward? Eric sold a bunch of his own art to pay for the painting and now it is done.

maria

You'll notice the necklace and rings I am wearing, those are to be gifted to my girls when they are older. Seemed like a nice way to showcase them.We spent a lot of time trying to find a dress that was both contemporary and classic. Tough stuff to choose what to wear for a portrait that will probably end up in the home of a great great grandchild.

Justin and Eric used this piece by John Singer Sargent for inspiration.


9 comments:

Marianne said...

That is amazing!!

Marie Roxanne said...

How beautiful! Nice choice of dress and I love the chair (of what I can see of it)
It is a heirloom for sure!

Stacy said...

Maria, your portrait is absolutely stunning. I love the dress and your eyes stand out as well. This is such a wonderful gift for your family!

Sarah Purdy said...

This painting came out beautifully! Justin is really talented (although having such a perfect muse didn't hurt either!) :)

Anne Marie said...

Wow, love it!

Kate said...

You're a beautiful woman, Maria. Inside and out. I

Michelle said...

Lovely. Something to enjoy and treasure.

Tammie said...

i love this.

Stacy said...

Love it!! You look gorgeous and what a great hand-me-down for your daughters to have in their home some day. And I love the dress!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...