Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Bag a Day Challenge

bag a day challenge
Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or find to be beautiful.~William Morris

Yesterday I was talking with my friend Sarah. Check out her blog here. We both agreed that we have too much clutter in our lives and we want to do something about it, ridding ourselves of non-essentials. We decided to go for it together. We are going through our entire homes! Our goal is to clear out a bag a day.

Guidelines
It goes in the bag if:

1. you don't use it
2. you don't love it.
3. you won't need it at some point.

So far I have several different bags going.
1. Trash
2. Recycle
3.Giveaway
4.Donate


I know it seems like a lot of work. We are going at it for two weeks! I bet we can all come up with 14 bags, easily. Do you want to join us? If you do you let me know in the comments, with a link to your post, and I will include it here!

My plan is to be systematic. I am going room by room and leaving no stone unturned, no throw pillow unconsidered.

Day 1
Bag a day

I began in our bedroom. I went through all of my clothing and cleared out things that don't quite fit right, that I don't really like, any clothes that leave me feeling meh. Why would I want to wear things that don't make me feel good?!? I easily filled a bag. Total time: 20 minutes as I tried on several articles of clothing that hadn't been worn in ages.



5 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

I don't have much stuff so can't participate for the whole two weeks, but I cann generate a grocery bag of garbage and recycling every day though... LOL

luminousvegans said...

I totally do this same thing!! I have a box and a bag going right now. It is always so nice to purge and stuff. They always find a good home.

Pam Brewer said...

I love this idea! I'm going to get started. I have so much stuff that I don't love, but I feel obligated to keep because I bought it! Crazy.

Amber said...

I want to try this. A challenge I am having is being too sentimental towards stuff. I have a LOT of childhood things that I only keep because I remember who gave them to me and I would feel bad if they found out I gave them away. I really like the quote. I think I will write it down and read it whenever I am too hesitant to get rid of something.

Amber said...

I want to try this. A challenge I am having is being too sentimental towards stuff. I have a LOT of childhood things that I only keep because I remember who gave them to me and I would feel bad if they found out I gave them away. I really like the quote. I think I will write it down and read it whenever I am too hesitant to get rid of something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...