Friday, August 30, 2013

Confessions: Guilty Pleasures




confessions2

My friend Sarah just inspired me with her most recent Confessions post on guilty pleasures. So, I think I must proceed with a list of my own guilty pleasures.
  • I love to drive in the car and sing along with Queen. Like for real yo! I sing at the top of my lungs. I make eye contact with passing drivers as my nostrils quiver and I hit (or whatever you want to call it) a Freddie Mercury high note. Cordelia is already beginning to feel shame about her mother's behavior, but Elise still claps along. That is all the encouragement I need.
  • Speaking of music. Anybody know about Kylie Minogue? People think my obsession is just a quirky thing, but it is fact. Kylie Minogue is awesome.
  • Eric and I enthusiastically watched the entire series of H2O, an Australian show for tweenagers about mermaids. We even sang along with the opening theme song.
  • I use a giant spoon to clean out nearly empty spaghetti sauce jars.
  • I love to obnoxiously chew crushed ice, but I annoy my own self. It is a double edged sword.
  • When my dogs are being overly exuberant in their welcome of company I take great pleasure in squirting them with a spray bottle of water. Now, when people are overly enthusiastic I fantasize about squirting them with the spray bottle.
  • I like skunk smell. Have I confessed that before? I just love it. You do too. Think about it. When you are driving down the highway and smell skunk you sniff, then sniff again and again. You might say, "Grossssss, skunk," but you keep on sniffing. You wouldn't do that with poo. Just sayin'.
  • I like to take baths. I know they aren't great for the environment, but I take them from time to time and I like it. I sit in the tub, stewing in my own brew and reading until the water is cold.

What are your guilty pleasures?
What are your guilty pleasures.







3 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

My favorite guilty snack: Spoonful of peanut butter slapped into a bag of chocolate chips. Then I slowly devour the chip speckled gooey peanut butter spoon while watching reality tv such as Biggest Loser. The irony is never lost on me.

Marie Roxanne said...

You made me laugh so hard on the skunk smell... that is so true, and yeah, why do we DO that?
My guilty pleasure is knowing that I am an official tester of a new vegan/plant-based cookbook. Had only the ingredients for one recipe and going to do the next ones posted this weekend! I am eating GOOD!

Amber Robbins said...

As you may know, I also squirt my dogs with a water bottle when they are naughty. I have also been known to threaten my brother with the squirt bottle when he messes with my already scared-of-people Weimaraner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...