Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Hike

Last night after Eric returned from work he hung out with the girls and I was able to steal away for a little time with Sarah. We met at the base of a nearby trail and went for a long and lovely two hour hike.

Hike

The weather was near perfect. There was a storm that came close enough to cool us down on the most challenging part of the hike, but it never actually hit. We hiked. We greeted the few other hikers we passed. I ululated (example of ululating here) to scare off the bears. We just enjoyed ourselves, nature, exercise.

We spent the evening hiking and talking about everything! It was absolutely lovely. I went home feeling refreshed and thankful.

Hike
Sarah on the trail

Hike
A view from the trail

Hike
Sarah at the split rock (where do they come up with these names).

Hike
A tiny rainbow in a passing storm

Hike
I think this photo is self(ie)-explanatory

Hike
We realized we both make crazy face in all of our photos together, so we tried something different...duck lips.

Hike
Treats for trail dogs

Hike
Here I am in my "This Ain't My First Soy Rodeo" t-shirt, showing off my nerdiness the rainbow.

Hike
Another view

Hike
Sarah

Hike
Near the end of the hike.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like a very lovely time! The scenery is beautiful and so are the two ladies hiking! :)

Sarah Purdy said...

We are seriously a coupla hotties. Thanks for the great evening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...