Monday, August 5, 2013

Jennifer's Visit 3

Let's pick back up our recap of Jennifer's visit from Australia. Read about days 1 and 2 by clicking the number. If you are just tuning in for the first time please take a moment to read about this special friendship by clicking here!

Day three was my favorite day of Jennifer's visit. We started off with a trip to the Audubon for a leisurely stroll with the girls. Cordelia led then way like the first born that she is. We did have to stop frequently so she could clean out between her toes (It's a weird new obsession. I am excited for it to pass).

Jennifer's visit
Jennifer

We listened to the birds, the stream, Cordelia. We watched the sunlight filter through the leaves. It was quite lovely.

The stroll ended by a stream and we let the girls splash around, even though we spotted mountain lion tracks. It's Wyoming this isn't particularly unusual.

Jennifer's visit
Elise handing Jennifer a leaf

Jennifer's visit
Cordelia in the creek

When we were done there we ran by Hobby Lobby to pick up some art supplies. Jennifer was kind of interested in our excessively large big box type stores.

After Hobby Lobby we met my father for lunch. He entertained us with his weird humor.

We did a teensy bit of shopping after lunch and Jennifer showed her American roots by donning these fabulous glasses.
Jennifer's visit

Later we left the girls with their father and grandparents and the two of us spent a couple of glorious hours floating down the river. My parents lent us their inner tube float thing....think conjoined inner tubes with a cooler in between.

Jennifer's visit 

I used the paddle to spin us around if the view became boring and we just floated and talked. 

Jennifer's visit
Jennifer on the river

It was a bit overcast, but it was still warm enough that we were very comfortable until the last stretch when we got a little bit cool. Arguably we're always cool, but temperature-wise we were a little less than hot. Arguably we are always hot, but temperature-wise....OK you see what I did there. I am hee-lair-eee-us.

Jokes aside, it was a beautiful and pleasant trip and will be a highlighted memory in my life.                       

Jennifer's visit
Our view

We closed out the day with a big family dinner at my parents' house and then home to put the girls to bed. Then we played a serious game of Farkle.

Join me tomorrow for the last day with Jennifer.

4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

I have lived in Casper for 6 years now and have never floated the river. Granted, I'm like a cat around water and two of the summers were spent with a brand new baby, but still. I think this may be the summer that I finally take the plunge. (See what I did there?)

Mom said...

Beautiful photos! I am so glad you and Jennifer had some time to relax on the river. I also loved that Cordy lined up the leaves on the log.

Marie Roxanne said...

Love the picture with the glasses in the store! If you look closely at Jennifer's hand, it looks like she only has 3 fingers, the pinky must be underneath the bar, hidden away!

Stacy said...

Looks like an amazing visit. And yes, you are hot and cool all at the same time. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...