Thursday, August 29, 2013

Natrual Bridge

The plan was to head North to visit family. Unfortunately my mother had a surprise dental emergency and by the time it was resolved there wasn't enough time remaining to comfortable make the trip. So we made a change of plans. My mother suggested a trip to the nearby natural bridge. We had never seen it before and I was game to make the short trek.

When we made the turn off from the highway I knew we were in for a treat. The road was lined with thousands and thousands of sunflowers. There were green growing things, buffalo (yep it is Wyoming), and it was just gorgeous. We followed the narrow road until it led us down to a little oasis near a creek, which flowed quietly beneath a natural bridge. The grass was green, the rocks were red, the bridge was bridge-like.

We took our time. We mostly let the girls set the pace as we explored, played in the water and enjoyed a picnic. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful and memorable afternoon with my mother and my girls.

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

natural bridge

2 comments:

Emily said...

Stunning natural beauty! And it looks like you had the place to yourselves! What a breath of fresh air-- literally.

Marie Roxanne said...

I really like the bridge, so cool.I hope your mom tooth emergency is healing well. Yours too!
AND you didn't take a picture of a buffalo? Awww LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...