Friday, August 16, 2013

Summer Afternoons

I had plans this summer. I can't quite remember what they were. I am sure there were a thousand things on my list. Plans about trips and adventures. What were they again?

I have had a great summer, but somehow I feel like things didn't go as planned. We have accomplished a lot. We have had family walks. Lunches out back. Snuggles. Nature hikes. Visits from family and friends. A little travel. We have been eating from the garden. We have been playing with animals. I have been doing far fewer dishes thanks to the new dish washer. House projects have been completed. Other projects have not.

Most days though, look like this. Long hours spent playing out back. Talking, using imaginations, summer snacks. Quiet and mellow.

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

summer afternoon

5 comments:

Emily said...

Those are the perfect kind of afternoons!

Sarah Purdy said...

Love this.

Mom said...

I feel more peaceful just having looked at your photos today.

Marie Roxanne said...

you still have christmas tree lights up? tsk tsk...
But I can see it's kind of difficult to take them down once entangled in a plant! LOL

Maria Rose said...

Those are not Christmas lights. They are white lights for summer evenings. They look magical.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...