Thursday, September 26, 2013

Newspaper

Recently Cordelia asked if we could make a newspaper. Since it didn't involve pretending to be queens or catching lambs (who knows?) I was more than happy to play along with this new game.

wimmer daily news

We grabbed some paper. We discussed what newspapers actually are used for and then we had at it.

wimmer daily news

I drew a box on each page for the "photo" and then I asked her what the headline should be. She focused in on family news. She would then draw a picture and then practice writing. While she can write all of the letters and knows many words she is also going through that phase where kids like to just scribble letters at random to look like a long letter or article, so there was some of that too.

wimmer daily news


wimmer daily news


Elise, naturally, wanted in on the action and she grabbed some crayons and went to town as well!

wimmer daily news

I'd say that it was entertaining for nearly an hour, pretty much worth its weight in gold.

6 comments:

Mom said...

I love it. I love her. I love you.

Michelle said...

Looks like you have a little southpaw there. Your Great Aunt Kathleen and all her children are leftys.

Sarah Purdy said...

What a great idea! Definitely a keeper! I'm sure that will be fun to look at 20 years from now. Also, kudos on the super early post! Wowee!

Maria Rose said...

I have no idea if either girl is lefty or righty. They both use either interchangeably

Emily said...

I, for one, am glad to see a newspaper dedicated to only good news! :)You should make the newspaper a monthly thing so you can keep track of her progress, both in writing and drawing. It will be interesting!

Rachel said...

Cordelia!! What a brilliant idea. If you don't mind, I think I'll propose the same idea to my Velda!!! I love the focus on your family!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...