I was recently contacted by the folks at Follow Your Heart and asked to sample some of their new vegan shredded cheese and to come up with a few recipes to submit to their contest (click here to check it out). Here is a coupon to try these yummies for yourself (click here).
I came up with an absolutely Delicious Black Bean Pie! Here is the recipe.
1 package of Follow Your Heart Fiesta Shreds
3 Large tortillas
1 can black beans, drained
1 T olive oil
1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
1 small yellow squash, chopped
1/3 c roasted red pepper, roughly chopped
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tomato, chopped
1 c lettuce chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F. On a lightly oiled pizza plate lay out one tortilla and spread 1/2 of the beans on top. Cover with a layer of Follow Your Heart Fiesta Shreds.
2. Meanwhile: In a medium skillet heat olive oil. Add the onion and cook until transluscent. Add the squash and red pepper. Cook until the squash is soft. Add cumin and garlic powder. Stir until evenly coated.
2. Back to the pizza pan. Lay a second tortilla on top of the bean and Fiesta Shreds. Evenly spread the squash mixture on top of second tortilla. Cover with more Fiesta Shreds.
4. For the final layer add the third tortilla, 1/2 can of black beans and the rest of your Fiesta Shreds.
5. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with tomato and lettuce. I also added a dollop of my favorite vegan sour cream.