Monday, October 21, 2013

Hike

I was up before the sun rose. Charlotte and I went out into that blueish darkness that lingers at the end of night. We set out on the path, a little uncertain about our direction, but we quickly figured it out. 

We made it to the base of the mountain just as the sky lightened. I was sniffing and hacking with the remnants of my cold, but I was eager to make it to the M on the mountain.

We climbed something like eleven switchbacks, steep but not too difficult for most anyone.

Some people ran the trail ahead of us, perhaps it was a daily ritual. We trudged along at a medium pace, occasionally stopping so I could hack or wipe my nose, but our pace was pretty quick.

We made it to the M and sat for a few minutes, looking down on the town and it felt like home.

2 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Sounds like a good hike!

Sarah Purdy said...

Looks like a beautiful hike!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...