Saturday, November 9, 2013

Art Night

Last night we hit up an art event at the museum that my husband curates. He came home a little beforehand and we enjoyed a quick family dinner before he had to head out a bit before the opening began. The girls and I finished dinner and clean up before we too headed out for an evening adventure.

When we arrived the place was packed with people. I love seeing so many people in our community out supporting the arts! Eric got on the mic and gave a little introduction before he got busy mingling like a pro; you'd never guess that he is a bonafide introvert.

Untitled
Eric speaking at the opening

I wandered around with the girls, soaking up the compliments on my sweet ladies and enjoying the art. Cordelia was happy to tell everyone who inquired that her purse contained three My Little Ponies (her idea).

Untitled
Cordelia watching a video installation

We couldn't stay long as their bedtime was rapidly approaching and you don't want to be out in public when they cross over into the sleep zone. So we quietly slipped off into the night while Eric stayed a bit longer to wrap things up.

On the drive home Cordelia had approximately one gazillion questions about the fact that the Earth casts a shadow on the moon.

Untitled
Back at home, waiting for ice cream

When we got home the girls ate a bowl of soy ice cream (a small bribe for good behavior) and I was more than eager to get my ridiculous high heels off....only I couldn't the zipper broke. I began to panic as my foot screamed for release from its pleather coffin.

Untitled

I tried pliers and rubber band contraptions. Panic rose. Then I used a paper clip, problem solved. No biggie. I didn't nearly freak out...

Untitled

2 comments:

Mom said...

So glad you didn't nearly freak out. The girls look adorable, as usual!

Sarah Purdy said...

Sounds like it was a successful event! Sorry we missed it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...