Monday, November 4, 2013

Elise

Elise has been growing a lot lately. She is talking and is pretty much able to communicate any need even when the words escape her. We are now at a point where we are really getting to know her personality. She is quite a character folks, let me tell you!

Elise can climb and wear earmuffs

Elise can climb and wear earmuffs

  • She is nuts about animals (big surprise). 
  • She knows how to get a laugh. Passes gas, laughs and makes eye contact. She knows.
  • She is crazy about music and a good beat.
  • She has more words than I care to count.Many of them are still that weird partial words that only family members can decipher. For instance, Bumbuh means Bumblebee and ke-kah-keh means skeleton (she became obsessed with a cute Halloween book and now spots skeletons EVERYWHERE).
  • She loves to color with crayons. Just this morning I discovered that she loves to color with crayons on the wall.
  • She is showing some interest in the toilet. Potty training will begin in the next few months for sure!
  • She watches and copies about everything that big sister does. When the girls greet each other in the morning my heart nearly explodes from my chest. The sweetness is unbearable.
  • She is interested in all things that are traditionally considered feminine. She wants necklaces and nail polish and dresses. Seriously. Already. 
  • She is fearless. Where her sister was cautious she presses forward with abandon. I think, hope, this will be a great opportunity for each sister to help the other grow.
  • She is so sweet and affectionate. She hugs and cuddles like a pro.

Also, she has figured out how to climb....

Elise can climb and wear earmuffs

Elise can climb and wear earmuffs

Elise can climb and wear earmuffs

I cannot really put into words how amazing she is. Elise is this great mix of sweet and wild.  Not a day passes me by where I don't kiss that sweet little head, sniff in that baby sweetness and let my sappy heart overflow with gratitude.

5 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

She is an absolute sweetie. Her cuddles melt me and her dimple stops me in my tracks. I so enjoy watching her grow!

Michelle said...

And she is absolutely, totally cute!

Marie Roxanne said...

Although I am pretty far away, I love watching Elise and Cordelia "grow up" online with your blog.

Sarah Spitz said...

She really looks so adorable and a little wild! Hope she never ever will lose her own wildness and free spirit!

Love to see your pics.
B&B from cold and rainy Germany

So we are remembering sunnier days...
http://lasagnolove.blogspot.de/2013/11/you-get-to-decide-what-to-worship.html

Emily said...

How lovely to see both girls developing both their own unique personalities and also a strong friendship between them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...