Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Project: Thankful Blocks

Cordelia has been asking me if we can decorate for Thanksgiving. I think this stems from preschool and all of the leaf hands and turkey hands they've been making. I had been thinking that I had a little break between Halloween and Christmas, but nope the girl wants Thanksgiving decorations and I am happy to oblige. Yesterday we decided to make a little craft for our thanksgiving decorations and it was something, if you aren't a perfectionist, that can be done with little ones.

Here is what we did.

girls
First we gathered our supplies. I like to live on the edge, but you may want to grab a smock of some sort.

supplies
Our supplies included: wooden blocks (8 blocks), appropriately sized letters to spell our word, 5 tubes of paint (I chose colors that matched our color scheme), paintbrushes, newspaper, a palette of some sort (I just used tin foil), an adhesive.

me000
painting
I painted the blocks gold while Cordelia painted the letters. I had four different paint colors and she painted two letters with each color.

elise
Meanwhile Elise just colored with markers. I have let her paint before, but this just wasn't the day for that.

dots
When the letters had dried we dipped a pencil eraser into the paint and used it to stamp our letters with polka-dots. Finally I adhered the letters to the blocks and we were done.

thankful


7 comments:

Emily said...

Genius. You are so good. And it looks great too!

Sarah Spitz said...

It is so sad that we don't celebrate thanks giving around here... What a lovely idea to make thankful laters... I might do it as well... even without a celebration ;-)

Love from Germany
and for awesome Queen Bees, maybe a bee sting cake?
http://lasagnolove.blogspot.de/2013/11/something-sweetbee-sting.html

B&B

affectioknit said...

SUPER!

~Have a lovely day!

Michelle said...

What a great project!

Mom said...

That turned out very well.

Pam Brewer said...

Wow!

Pam Brewer said...

Wow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...