Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Review 2013: Part I

Hello! How was your Christmas? Ours was fantastic, just a quiet day with family, perfect for us. I started to upload my photos and realized, as usual, I have far too many to force upon you in one post so I will spread it out over two days.

christmaseve2013c
Much of my family: Eric, Elise, Me, Sam,  Sue, Cordelia, Mike

Our Christmas festivities generally start on Christmas Eve night. Around 3pm we dressed up for the holiday. The girls got into their Christmas best, a gift from their Grandma Sue. We left the house an hour later and dropped off a few last minute holiday treats for friends.

Christmas Eve 2013
Elise

Christmas Eve 2013
Elise

We then met up with my parents and youngest brother Sam at a restaurant. We all enjoyed a lovely dinner. Elise was incredibly chatty, showing her grandparents her ever expanding vocabulary. She has started putting words together too, so she was pretty eager to try that out. Her focus was on another baby she knows, Charlie. She'd say, "Charlie, home," then she'd hold her hands, palms up as though she were asking. It was really cute and went on for much of the meal.

Christmas Eve 2013
Cordelia

Cordelia spent her time regaling the table with My Little Pony details, at length. I think my dad, seated across from, took the full force of that hurricane.

After dinner I was backing out of the parking lot and slid into another car, no injuries or major damage, just a fender bender and a bummer to let the owners know what had happened. Thank goodness for insurance!

Christmas Eve 2013
Elise's first photo bomb

We went to church for the candlelight service and the girls enjoyed themselves immensely. When the service was complete it was already an hour and a half past bedtime, but the girls managed to hold it together for a quick photo shoot. Then it was on home to bed.

Christmas Eve 2013

christmaseve2013a
My mother with the girls

Once the girls were both down Eric and I chatted about our memorable childhood Christmases and how excited we were for our girls to open their gifts and enjoy the family day to come.
Christmas Eve 2013
Our family

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...