Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! 2014

Well, notice anything different? Eric redesigned my blog for the new year, as always. This year we went with something simple and streamlined. I hope you like it.

Also, I am ready to take on Rooted Vegan by myself. Kate was unable to continue and I felt a bit overwhelmed last year, but I plan to stick to it this year and post a new recipe or two a week. Check it out.

Last night I was in bed well before the ball dropped. I am up early with the girls and there is just no way I can sit on my couch and stay awake after 11pm, like an elderly woman. Anyway, I did briefly wake to the sound of fireworks so I assumed that a) it was the apocalypse OR b) the neighbors had purchased fireworks.

While I was busy creating a sleep induced drool puddle on my pillow as the new year began we did do a little celebrating beforehand.

cordynewyears
Cordelia

new year's eve 2013
The girls, Zachary Pullen, and I at Corridor.

new year's eve 2013
Ice sculpture

new year's eve 2013
Cordelia with an ice sculpture

new year's eve 2013
Eric and the girls


The family went to First Night, a booze free family friendly event downtown. It's pretty cool. There were ice sculptures, music, magicians, art, etc.

Although, on the drive home we saw a serious dumb criminal moment. There was a car pulled over, the cop was taking down the info, but there was clearly a forgotten (by the driver and spotted by the police) bottle of booze on top of the car. I guess the cop saw that bottle and pulled them over, good grief! We made it safely home and got the two girls to bed early and then Eric and I did a little youtube music video watching until I was starting to fade.

I hope your new year is off to a great start!

4 comments:

Allen said...

Happy New Year and may 2014 bring you GOOD HEALTH and Happiness

Victoria said...

Happy New Year!!

Mom said...

The new look is quite nice!

Sarah Purdy said...

I adore your redesign and now I'm itching to do mine. I was hoping to make it a year with my current design but I've got some serious design envy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...