Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Oh January

bum

elise

records

art
Art by friend Gabrielle Reeves

tomatoes

dino

plant

January is kind of a weird month isn't it? You start out the month riding high from Christmas and New Year's, then...what? Presidents Day, oh wait, that's February right? I never really know what to do with myself in January. I am not complaining, it's kind of nice, but I always feel a little like the rug has been pulled out from under me. I think it is probably a good thing. I have a blank canvas and I just need a little time to figure out what I want my year to look like.

Eric and I have some BIG (to us anyway) events coming up in February and we are preparing for those things in a gradual manner, but what about everything else? Do you do this too?

For now the days are quiet and sweet and comfortable. Spending my time finding balance between the relationships I treasure, creating, and mundane details of life (grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry).

Random January Trivia

January is National Braille Literacy, Blood Donor, Hobby, Staying Healthy, Eye Care, Soup, Thank You, and Hot Tea Month.

Today, January 7th is New Mexico's birthday. I lived in NM for many years so that's something.

January related. There was a girl in my high school named January who offered to be my body guard when I arrived at the school as the new girl. I graciously declined the offer, because it was kinda weird.

January's flower is a carnation, but there are like a zillion flowers for this month so whatever.

Spanish: De enero
Italian: Gennaio
French: Janvier
German: Januar
Polish: Stycznia
Latin: January - See more at: http://www.thefreeresource.com/january-fun-facts-trivia-and-resources-about-historical-events#sthash.jMdm74vu.dpuf
“There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter. One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogues.”- Hal Borland - See more at: http://www.thefreeresource.com/january-fun-facts-trivia-and-resources-about-historical-events#sthash.jMdm74vu.dpuf
“There are two seasonal diversions that can ease the bite of any winter. One is the January thaw. The other is the seed catalogues.”- Hal Borland - See more at: http://www.thefreeresource.com/january-fun-facts-trivia-and-resources-about-historical-events#sthash.jMdm74vu.dpuf

3 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

January is such a nice lull after all the craziness of December.

Mom said...

I like January because not much is expected of me I agree with Sarah that it is a nice post-December break.

Carmen said...

January is a crazy busy birthday month for us - my MIL, my youngest brother, A, my hubby, and my Mom all have birthdays before the 16th! We are still riding the Christmas/New Year rush of excitement due to birthdays. It's always the month of February where I feel a little lost lol :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...