Monday, February 3, 2014

Birthday Party on the Fly

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She was so awesome about her day being invaded by football. She's not a football person, but she embraced the day and called it Sue-per Bowl (her name is Sue, FYI). You can read more about it and see cute pics of my kids here. Our plans for her birthday were altered when my youngest brother and my father fell ill. We decided to throw an impromptu party at my place. It was just a girls party as Eric was out at a Super Bowl party (he joined us for dinner).

mom birthday

I decorated and made cupcakes. We tried to make her day feel special, like her day. I worried that her birthday was going to be kind of a bummer, with so many people ill or distracted by football (puke sound). I was fretting a bit about it and she said, "I feel special. I know I am well loved." She meant it too. She is one of those amazing people who are just able to have solid perspective and no why me attitude. She is kind of da bomb.

mom birthday

mom birthday

mom birthday

We opened presents and had cupcakes and she played ponies with the girls. Later we went out to dinner with her and enjoyed enormous burritos. All in all I think it was a good day for a woman who has made this world a better place for anyone fortunate enough to know her.

mom birthday

mom birthday

3 comments:

Carmen said...

That's so nice - and Cordelia's hair is SO long!!

Emily said...

I understand sharing your bday with the Super Bowl. That was me last year. So glad you all still were able to celebrate! You and your girls are so blessed!

Mom said...

You are so sweet to me!!! Thank you again for the delightful little party. I especially liked that you served potato chips with the cupcakes. Perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...