Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies

Cookies! Need I say more? Probably not, but I will anyway. This recipe is another moved over from Rooted Vegan.

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies by rootedvegan.com

I didn't know how to bake at all before 2009. What happened in 2009? Well, I found out I was pregnant. I realized that, as a mother of a vegan kid, I would need to learn to bake. You see every time my children go to non-vegan birthday parties I am able to bring along some amazing cupcakes, cakes, cookies, treats, whatever. I always check with the parents first, as a courtesy and they are generally grateful for extra food. My kids get to eat junk food like the rest of them and feel normal, plus I am often asked for recipes---spreading the vegan word!

Now I am unstoppable, people on diets have requested that I stop bringing delicious cookies to their homes as they cannot resist my treats. OK more for me and mine!

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Coconut Cookies by rootedvegan.com

2 1/2 c flour
3 tsp EnerG Egg Replacer combined with 4 T warm water
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c cugar
1 c vegan margarine
1 c quick oats
1/2 c raisins
1/2 c shredded sweetened coconut flakes

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, powder, salt, cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl combine the Ener G Egg Replacer mixture, vanilla, margarine. Cream in the sugars.
4. Combine the margarine mixture and flour mixture.Mix completely.
5. Add the oats, mix. Add the raisins, mix, Add the coconut, mix.
6. Place rounded spoonfuls (I use a soup spoon) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
Makes 3-4 dozen depending upon the size of the spoon.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM!...I think we need to make some of these...

~Have a lovely day!

Sarah Purdy said...

These look delicious. I'd like to cram about 43 in my mouth right now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...