Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pumpkin Patch 2014

pumpkin patch 2014

Yesterday we went to the local pumpkin patch. Generally we go there early in the month (check out previous years 2010, 2011, 2012 we skipped 2013) and buy pumpkins somewhere less expensive, but this year we waited until the last minute. There is also some kind of pumpkin shortage in town so there was a mad rush for pumpkins. When we arrived at the patch there were not many pumpkins left and the light was fading. Looking from the outside in it was probably hilarious to see the procrastinator parents taking photos by the few remaining pumpkins, angling for daylight. Oh, and it was super windy.

pumpkin patch 2014
Cordelia was incredibly annoyed by the wind.


pumpkin patch 2014
A little better...right? Oh and that is the face that Elise makes when you ask her to smile.

pumpkin patch 2014
Checking for rot, or something. I don't really think there is much to pumpkin picking.

pumpkin patch 2014
Where are they looking? Seriously when Eric and I say, "look at the camera" the girls will look every other direction.

pumpkin patch 2014
Hunting for pumpkins

Pumpkin patch 2014
We found a couple and it only cost us our immortal souls, that pumpkin patch has quite a racket going. There were normal sized pumpkins for well over $20! We got a "deal" on some slightly deformed beauties---but I always go for the underdogs anyway.

Tonight we carve!

2 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

We completely procrastinated on the pumpkin thing too this year. So much so that we still don't have one and at this point my feeling is like, meh. I just hate spending all that money to end up carving it by myself (usually the kids get bored about 2.5 minutes into it) and then just leaving it to rot on my porch. Sadie's been nagging me about it but I told her next year (or actually this weekend when everything goes on sale??) we'd buy fake jack o lanterns that can be reused. All glory, no guts!?

Melodee said...

I remember the pumpkin patch days (and their prices!) from when my kids were younger. When my niece was little she made that same face when they would tell her to smile! Too funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...