Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Vegan Recipe: Protein Packed Crazy Woman Quinoa Salad

My friend Kate invented this awesome salad!
 Crazy Woman Qunioa Salad | RootedVegan.com

Kate writes,"I feel like an insane person these days. A full-time job, side projects, blogs, keeping up with 1,000 different social media platforms for freelance clients, showering, eating, breathing...

I don't know a single person who doesn't feel the sudden rush of spring and it seems like the world has starting spinning faster for everyone. One look at my nearly empty refrigerator last night, another look at my schedule, and I knew the only thing that would get me through the week was a HUGE, protein-packed salad that I could make tonight and munch on throughout the week.

This isn't rocket science people. This is survival. I know you all have a million things going on in your life, but there is no excuse to not have good, healthy food lying around so you can grab and go. This is your answer to the question of "What on Earth Am I Going to Have for Lunch."

Crazy Woman Qunioa Salad | RootedVegan.com


There are a million different ways to make this salad, but the basics are:

3 cups of cooked quinoa of (or another grain)
1 container baby spinach, arugula, et al baby anything
2 Tbs olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 to 1 tsp salt (I like it salty)
1/2 cup toasted chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts...whatever you have and want to use)
1/4 tsp organic garlic powder (or 1 bunch of green onions chopped, whichever you have on hand)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 can drained beans (black, red, white, pinto, garbanzos, toss in anything you have in your pantry)

This is my favorite part:

Whack it all into a bowl together and mix like crazy until you have a massive salad.

My next favorite part:

Add anything you have or want into the bowl: herbs, chopped veggies, roasted garlic, thawed frozen veggies. Use your imagination. I know you have one there in your crazy, busy brain!

{Kate}

Crazy Woman Qunioa Salad | RootedVegan.com
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

I know I said it before when she posted it but I will say it again, this looks way yummy!

affectioknit said...

I'm sure we're going to love this!

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...