Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Vegan Recipe: Vegan Asian Noodle Salad

Here is another transfer from Rooted Vegan

asian noodle salad by rootedvegan.com

Several years ago my husband and I were living in Missoula, MT. While living there my husband worked at The Good Food Store. I would often meet him for lunch which we would get from the deli. We would always pick up their Asian noodle salad because it was just so good. Fast forward seven years. I was still thinking about that salad. So I decided to try and develop my own version. It has been long enough since I have had the original I cannot tell you how close of a match this is, but is sure is tasty and I think it goes great in packed lunches or as a picnic side.

1 package of rotini pasta, cooked and drained (sub rice noodles for gluten free)
1 package baked tofu (see this recipe)
2 T gomasio (or plain sesame seeds)
1/4 c tamari
1/4 c rice vinegar
1/4 c sesame oil
1/4 c maple syrup
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 c thinly sliced fresh green cabbage
1 large bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces

1. Cook the noodles. While the noodles are cooking, in a LARGE, mixing bowl  combine the tamari, vinegar, oil, syrup, ginger and pepper. Mix.
2. Add the chopped cabbage and pepper.  Toss to coat.
3. Add the noodles, baked tofu, gomasio. Toss to coat. Serve cold.
ENJOY!

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

YUM! I love asian noodles...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...