Saturday, October 4, 2014

Work in Progress


Eric has been working long hours this week. He curated and installed five shows this week along with the staff at the museum. Yesterday he left before 8am and I didn't see him until about 10pm. Well, I saw him at the opening reception, but that hardly counts. I have had a ton of work on my plate as well. We are wiped out!

Anyway, I put the girls to sleep last night and checked in on my online students. I was feeling a bit exhausted and overworked. So I decided the only course of action was a glass of wine a couple of squares of chocolate and some paint. I always feel better with a work in progress.

How do you reward yourself after a long week?

3 comments:

Mom said...

And yet, as busy as you are, you offered to do my errands for me yesterday. You are a beautiful human and I love you so much.

Marie Roxanne said...

I work 7 days a week every night... cleaning a movie theater.
It's kind of hard to think of normality with my schedule, as I don't really have any days off. But I do reward myself with breakfast out once in a while.

Sarah Purdy said...

Whoof. Work weeks like that are no fun and we know them well in this house. Wine and chocolate are an excellent course of action. I also recommend crappy TV and Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...