Good morning! How about a vegan recipe today? This time of year my sweet tooth is pretty much insatiable. When I say this time of year I mean all times of year. So let's not linger on that fact, instead let's make something to eat.
- You will need:
- 2/3 c arborio rice
- 2/3 c sweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 c sugar
- 1 c vanilla almond milk (+ more if needed)
- 1 13.66 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp fine grind sea salt
- 1/3 c toasted coconut (put coconut in a dry skillet and heat on high, watching closely, until golden)
- lime zest
2. Add everything but the toasted coconut flakes. Stir to combine.
3. Simmer until the rice is tender and pudding-y. You'll need to babysit this a bit to keep it from sticking/burning at the end. Just hang out in the kitchen while you cook. If the rice seems dry add vanilla almond milk 1/3 c at a time.
4. Serve hot or cold and garnish with lime zest and toasted coconut. Enjoy!! ~Maria Rose