Monday, May 18, 2015

Forced to Mellow


Eric and I have really been burning the candle at both ends lately. Our days have been starting early at or before 6. Eric has had to head into work early a lot lately with things like TV appearances. He has been working on his first photography book, fundraising is insane. Eric has also had four recent photo shoots and a show to install, a score for another film out in CA. All on top of a busy time at his work.

I have been painting and prepping for a huge solo exhibit, mothering, and wrapping up semesters for the two institutions at which I teach art history. This means reading journals, papers, test grading, grade submitting. Not to mention the panicked messages from students who "forgot" certain assignments.

We have been working 12 hour + days since our return from MN (we also both worked in MN). I am not complaining, we are working very hard because we have a  lot of goals and it takes work to get there. Unfortunately we have not been balancing our work with down time. Just relaxing is high on our list. 

Yesterday I hit the ceiling. We had a ballet  performance by Cordelia yesterday morning. So sweet and will definitely require a full post. After that we had an end of Sunday school party at Jump Craze (a trampoline park). After that we grabbed lunch and I took the girls to a birthday party while Eric stayed home to work on a deadline for a score. 

It was at the party that I first noticed. I heard a baby cough and I thought,"Man, I am glad I'm not sick." Then a short while later I started to feel a bit off, but I'd gotten only a few hours of sleep the night before and I tried to convince myself that was all that was happening. *to be clear I don't think the coughing baby made me instantly sick. 

We left the party and it was soon time for dinner and then Eric hung with the girls while I completed the last of my semester work. It was then that I realized I was getting sick. 

Eric and I both sat on the couch like zombies for a bit and then fell into a deep sleep. I am definitely under the weather this morning, a sure sign that my body is forcing a rest. Just a cold, but I am planning on a quiet day with the girls, after the preschool field day. Time to listen to my body telling me to chillax.



1 comment:

Sarah Purdy said...

Bummer! Hope a day's rest gets you feeling back to normal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...