Thursday, June 4, 2015

Almost Home

bison

Today is the opening of my solo exhibit Almost Home. I will have the work up on my website soon so that you can see it if you are unable to attend the opening. I will let you know when it is available. Going into an opening is such a strange feeling. I hope that my artwork speaks to people on some level. If you want to read a bit more here is an article that will give you a little insight.

For those of you who are local I do hope to see you there, this is a big night for the community---not because I have a show, but because there is an art walk! This is something that so many of us have wanted for years and years. Now it is happening and I am so very hopeful that the community will come out and support this event. There are so many galleries to see and fun things to do. I know that there are vendors, food, drinks, galleries, the art museum. So many talented artists are showing their work it is a great opportunity to get out and support the arts. For me this night represents so much more than just my show. I really, desperately want the community to be a community that really embraces the arts and art related events. The only way that will happen is if people come out and support the galleries and museums.

Wooo! ART!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Can't wait to see it! Very excited about the Art Walk, too!!

MarieRoxanne said...

Too bad I can't see it, live too far away, love your paintings.

Melodee said...

I wish I were local as I would love to see your show.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...