Monday, September 14, 2015

Good Things




This post is by request,  a counting of some random good things in my life.

• Homeschool. I have been surprised by what a family affair we have embarked upon. While I am leading the bulk of the learning Eric is also teaching a couple of subjects. We plan our days in such a way that the more advanced work is done on days while Elise is in preschool and on days when she is not in preschool she joins us for art activities, exploring, science projects, reading.

•The friendship between Betty Sprinkles and Lucy Sparkles. They seek each other out, they play, they tackle. They snuggle too. Somehow they have settled in on their own way of playing that is just too sweet.

•Freshly baked bread. I bake it and it is all gone within two days.

• Morning coffee prepared by Eric. He always has a cup ready for me. It is a small thing, but (as my blog is named) those small things are so important.

•Cooler nights. I am not anxious for winter, but I do love a crisp fall evening.

•Ferns. My friend Amber has gotten me hooked on ferns. Now I want them all! I rescued a couple from dry supermarket conditions.

•Female friends. In recent years I have made many really good friendships with strong,smart, interesting, independent women. I am so thankful for the women in my life. I feel like I learn so much from all of my friends.

•Hummus. Need I say more? Of course not! Hummus=yummus

•This blog, a space that I can just share what is happening and focus on the good.

What are you thankful for today?


3 comments:

Stacy said...

It is important to celebrate the small things! It sounds like lots of good is happening with you.

Side note on hummus....pregnant Stacy can't handle it. I have way too many texture issues when pregnant. Bananas. Hummus. Avocado (but not gauc - explain that!). I miss some of them. You're welcome for that random thought.

Sarah Purdy said...

Yay! I think today I shall have to come up with a list of my own good things. I am always thankful for you: your friendship, your huge heart and tender ways of approaching the world.

Roxanne Veinotte said...

I am thankful that many years ago I found your blog. Of the many blogs I followed over the years, yours is the one I stuck with.
Your way of approaching each day is profound and makes me develop that same sense of awe at life's events. You inspire me.
Thanks for writing every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...