Wednesday, September 23, 2015

These girls



Today I am just going to randomly share some bits and pieces of life with my two girls. These are just a few things that I don't want to forget with no unifying theme or specific order.

Overheard:
Elise,"Thank you Cordelia for being so nice to our mom."

Cordelia while petting Ophelia,"I am trying not to be so enerjazzic so I won't scare her."

Elise singing to me," I love you so much. You are not a mean mommy. You are a nice girl."

Cordelia,"Mom, how can I help you have a nice day?"

Elise,"Mom you are weirding me out."

A few stories: 

About a couple of months ago this we were in a thrift store and Cordelia started sobbing when she couldn't have a lamp. I left the store with her mid-tantrum. We talked it out and I mentioned to her that her actions negatively impacted the thrift store ladies who were worried about her. A month later we returned. Without my suggestion or prompting Cordelia ran up to the counter and apologized for throwing a fit so long ago. The women were pretty much emotional puddles after her heartfelt apology. I gave her a lot of praise for this and now she has started apologizing to everyone that we have encountered, things like the time she accidentally knocked over a plant in the store. While we don't want this to get out of hand I am quite happy that she is taking accountability for her actions.

Yesterday in the car Elise was complaining of a sore foot. Cordelia took off her shoes and rubbed her feet. Elise said,"Thank you for being a nice girl. You are so gentle."


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

...those are two sweeties for sure...

~Have a lovely day!

Mom said...

Oh, my heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...