Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Not So Fast



Don't grow up so quickly, little girls of mine. There is no need to rush this process along. I know we still have years and years until you are grown, but the years of your childhood are so precious and few. Please keep telling me that you will live with your dad and me even when you are big. I will hold on to those memories in a decade or so when you tell me that you cannot wait to move out and start your own lives.

Please let me hold your little hands and kiss your sleeping heads for a little longer. Let my jokes make you laugh like no other. Please tell me the dreams you had last night, even if it takes forever and I sometimes zone out.

Please continue to ask questions and be in awe of the mystery of life and the world and all of it. Collect berries and leaves and rocks for no apparent reason. Let your interests guide you and don't feel intimidated by others.

Know that your father and I always always want to take care of your hurts and nurture your hopes. Your tears and frustrations will be ours. You are so loved little girls. You always will be loved.

2 comments:

Mom said...

That is so beautiful....tears...

Emily said...

So very sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...