Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Vegan Eats

So yeah, I am going to be one of those people and post photos of my food. Everybody says that it is weird to show what you eat and it probably is weird----but a lot of people ask me about vegan eating. Pretty much every single day I get questions about where I get my protein (Google it if you are so worried people). I also get the sincere curiosity; people who just truly have no idea how we are vegan. I generally don't mind answering a lot of these questions, but a vegan diet isn't a curiosity. We made the choice to be vegan because we believe it is the right thing to do, that is all.

With that said, I do love to share veganism (with those who are genuinely interested) and I love to cook and eat. I hope that people are inspired to cut out or at least cut back on their consumption of animal products when they see that we eat well, are healthy, and are following our beliefs. 

I thought that I would just share a totally random smattering of recent eats and show you that we are eating well and also eating creatively.

BBQ tofu, mashed potatoes and cauliflower with gravy, Swiss chard with onion and mushrooms, brown rice.

Vegan fajitas with meatless chick strips, pepper, cabbage, onion, avocado and chipotle salsa.

Confetti salad, tofu triangle, seeded flat bread, veggies and hummus.

Big salad

Rice paper wraps with tofu, mixed greens, veggies, sesame plum sauce.

Scrambled tofu with tons of veggies, vegan bacon and mixed fruit.

Smoothie bowl with kiwi, banana and hidden spinach.

Lentils, brown rice, chard, avocado, purple potatoes, and BBQ tahini.

Sticky bun!





3 comments:

Emily said...

I have to tell you that this weekend at the lake, one of the conversations the six of us adults had around the fire one night was food-- eating better and what this looks like for all of us. For one family, it was less processed food, for another it was trying gluten-free. But for all, it was a desire to use less animal products and incorporate more plant-based meals into our weekly meal plan. Of course, I whipped out my phone and showed my friends your instagram food pics, and you must know everyone ooohed and awwwed over the yummy pics. No "vegans only eat lettuce and tofu" comments, but genuine desire to push ourselves to seek better food options. So, you were an inspiration in our little house at Lake Tenkiller this weekend. :) Bravo!

Chrissy said...

I don't think it's weird to post your food AT ALL!! I've posted things that I cook and see other people do it all the time. My family is really interested in Vegan eating, but are not "vegans." At this time we are simply adding more vegan and vegetarian meals into our arsenal and trying to get the kids accustomed to as varied of plant diet as possible.

My mother just sent me this article that is really worth passing around...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/vegan-diet-cancer_b_2250052.html The benefit vegetarian and especially vegan diets have against Cancer is downright shocking. People with Vegan diets for only a matter of weeks showed dramatic reduction in Cancer cells' ability to grow. Phenomenal!

One struggle that we've had is that so many "intentionally vegan" recipes are often bland or there are a lot of SOUPS -Too much soup!.:) One way that we've been able get around the bland food is to get into more Indian cooking. We love flavorful Indian food and it is really EASY to make delicious vegan dishes from so many good recipes.

KEEP POSTING!!:D

Maria Rose said...

I have such a different experience. I have found vegan food to be sooo flavorful. I will have to do a post on vegan cookbooks.
Thanks for the link. I will go check it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...