Saturday, October 17, 2015

Work and Passion

I have so many projects going right now. Honestly it is a great problem to have as an artist. I often find myself in the wee hours of the morning running through the list of art that I need to complete. I am always working toward that goal of being able to fully support our family as an artist. I am not there yet, but I can see it, I can do it. 

I was up last night painting with Eric. I finished a major commission that I have put over 100 hours into and I had no time to celebrate before I was onto another piece that needs to be done as soon as possible. Today I am finishing off 200 mini skulls for a Day of the Dead event I am organizing and that is just the tip of the iceberg. 

A student recently asked me if I work every day. I didn't really know how to answer that. Art is my job, but it is also my passion---so is it work? Sometimes it is definitely work, other times I get such joy from simply making.




2 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Congrats on finishing that big commission! Your mini skulls look awesome! What a cool idea! I better get there early so I can get one!

Emily said...

There's a quote about this. I think it's something like, "Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life."
I may have butchered the original quote, but the sentiment is the same! I think you truly do what you love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...