Saturday, December 12, 2015

Elise's First Preschool Performance

Elise had her very first preschool performance earlier in the week. I was not really sure what to expect with this girl. She is often a bit introverted, sometimes choosing just to hug me tight and bury her head when meeting a stranger. That's not to say that she is incapable of being outgoing, she just needs to feel comfortable. Leading up to the performance I asked her how she felt, if she was excited, that kind of thing. She said she was excited, but mostly just wanted to make sure that her family would be there to watch. She did not really want to practice or anything, though I did often find her in her room whisper singing the songs. Sweet little girl with her unique ways.

Cordelia, ever the big sister, had loads of advice. On the ride over she told Elise not to worry and to just have fun. She kept telling Elise how great she would do, it was really quite sweet to eavesdrop on their interaction. Cordelia was an expert on the issue and Elise her willing student.

When we arrived I dropped Elise off with her teacher and found a seat. Cordelia ditched me to sit with a former preschool friend whose younger brother was also in the performance.  I had no idea what to do with my arms with no children to hold. Then it was time and Elise came out with all of the other kids in her class. She was so pretty and petite. I saw her scan the crowd for her family and finally spot all of us.

Elise preschool age 3

She started out strong, singing along and doing the hand motions. I was pretty surprised honestly, the crowd was big and I had wrongly assumed that she would freeze up.

Elise preschool age 3

 Elise preschool age 3

 Elise preschool age 3

But after a bit she got bored.

Elise preschool age 3

Really bored.

Elise preschool age 3

Elise preschool age 3

She ended the performance by twirling her pigtails in rapid succession. Afterwards she was really jazzed up and quite proud of herself.

To see a few more adorable photos her performance and my mother,  Eric, Cordelia and I too check out my mother's blog here.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That sweet, quirky girl! I love her so much!

Eric did a great job of capturing her many moods throughout that program. It was fun to see it again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...