Thursday, January 28, 2016

Currently Reading

What are you reading this week?

I am enjoying Anaïs Nin's, In Favor of the Sensitive Man and Other Essays.
I have long been a fan of Nin's diary. Her writing is so insightful and beautiful. I wanted moooore! So I ordered this book which is a collection of essays, lectures and interviews. Nin writes thoughtfully about relations between genders, travels and arts. I am really enjoying her writing and the essays are easy to get through and digest in my hectic life.


Kids
We are reading Big Book of Bugs by Theresa Greenaway. Last summer my sister-in-law gave the girls some information about ants that blew their minds. Elise in particular was pretty afraid of bugs. Sara took time to make bugs interesting and less frightening. While Elise is still a bit skittish around fast bugs she now refers to them as cute and interesting. For Christmas my brother and sister-in-law gave Elise this book. Learning about bugs makes them fascinating and she feels cool having inside information.

Cordelia has been reading through the series Greetings From Somewhere by Harper Paris. We are currently on the third book in the series. The series follows a family who travels the world (the mother is a travel writer and father homeschools). Each book explores the culture and the kids have a mystery to solve. Fun and easy to read!

2 comments:

Roxanne Veinotte said...

I just bought "Plain Fear -Forsaken" by Leanna Ellis it is in an Amish setting, hoping to learn a little bit more on Amish life and its religious aspect. But maybe this is not the type of book that would teach me those things, sounded interesting on the back cover.

Sarah Purdy said...

Greetings from Somewhere sounds like a great series! We are on book #5 of the Ivy and Bean series and the kids love it. We will have to start GFS next.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...