Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Interviews

Photo from a few weeks back

It has been a while since I interviewed my girls. Seems like a good day to do just that. 

Elise has a serious case of bed head. I may or may not remember to put it into pigtails before we head out later today. She has hot pink leggings and a black turtleneck. She looks like a mini-hipster. We are sitting on the couch. Well, I am sitting and she is flipping and rolling and messing with Lucy who mostly just wants some body heat and a nap.

Me: So how old are you?
Elise: I'm three! How big am I? Am I thirty teen or forty teen?
Me: Well you will be three and a half in a few days.

Me: How are you feeling today?
Elise: Bad.
Me: Why?
Elise: Because my toe . 
Here she does a headstand on couch.
**She stubbed her toe earlier.
Me: Well, I hope your toe soon feels better.

Me: What is your favorite thing to do?
Elise: Paint
Me: What do you like to paint?
Elise: Anything!!!!! Because it is fuuuuun!

Me: What makes you happiest?
Elise: I have a nice mom, that makes me happy happy. 
Pauses to rub her face all over a sleeping cat. Lucy is very accommodating.

Me: If you could do anything today what would you want to do?
Elise: I would like to paint
More cat face rubbing.
Me: What else would you do if you could do anything?
Sings a sleep song to cat.
Elise: Hang out with my mommy and my whole family.

Me: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Elise:  To South Dakota
Me: Why?
Elise: Because it is fun.

Me: If you could have one wish what would you wish for?
Elise: Being Isabella
Me: Who is Isabella?
Cordelia: She is from Phineas and Ferb.
Me: Right. Why Isabella?
Elise: Because she is nice.
Me: You are nice too!
Elise: Can I have a snack?
She finished breakfast less than ten minutes ago.

Now Cordelia's turn. She is wearing purple yoga pants and a blue shirt that has a weirdly tiny pocket. Her hair is getting long again. 

Me: So how old are you?
Cordelia: Six
Grabs her toes and looks at me like I am stupid.

Me: How are you feeling today?
Cordelia: I am feeling good.
Me: Why?
Cordelia: I just am. 
Here she sits upside down on the couch.

Me: What is your favorite thing to do?
Cordelia: My favorite thing to do is go to Jump Craze and snuggle with mommy on the hammock.
Elise: Yeah, me too!

Me: What makes you happiest?
Cordelia: My sister, of course.

Runs off to do something....comes stomping back a few minutes later, jumping off the stairs like it is a jungle gym.

Me: If you could do anything today what would you want to do?
Cordelia: Why are you asking me this?
Do I get to do it?
Me: I am just asking for an interview.
Cordelia: Well, Happy Heart Love Day was my favorite.
This was a holiday she invented. She made hundreds of paper hearts and handed them out while we ran errands.

Me: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?
Cordelia: I would go to Paris.
Me: Why?
Cordelia: Because I have always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower.

Me: If you could have one wish what would you wish for?
Cordelia: I would wish for....all of the super powers, but not eyes on the back of my head....or storm powers...or other scary stuff.

There you have it folks.




2 comments:

elizabeth said...

i could help you with the south dakota visit. ;)
maybe you and the girls should come visit my classroom. that would be fun!

(i should interview my kids. this is a good idea.)

Victoria said...

Yes! and I could help with the Paris visit!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...