Saturday, February 27, 2016

Road Trip

The girls had been counting down to Friday for two weeks. Why, you may ask? Well, because it was grandma sleepover time. Eric and I had an out of town event to attend and it was not kid friendly so my mom was going to stay with the girls.

We are so very thankful to have my parents in the same town. They are active and engaged grandparents. The relationship they have with the girls is something that we all treasure. It is such a gift to watch the girls enjoy their grandparents.

It is also a gift to occasionally get out of town with just my spouse. 

Eric and I drove to Cheyenne yesterday afternoon. We had a short time to grab necessities, I forgot to pack tights, and then dress for the event.

We had a great time at the Governor's Arts Awards. Although they had no food for vegans (in spite of their advance planning) so we sat and watched others eat. Thankfully we were distracted with delightful and engaging people from all over our adopted state.  Don't worry we ate later, back at the hotel.


The night was lovely. I am deeply thankful to live in a state that is so supportive of the arts. I am thankful for so much this morning: my spouse, family, friends, community! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...