Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Supervolcano and Billions of Feet of Snow

I heard it spoken of in whispers. People discussed the matter in hushed tones, together in corners, heads bowed. The topic...our fate...the day of reckoning is coming. I did not believe them. It could not possibly be true. 

Then I saw it on Facebook, so basically it is cemented as fact. It will happen. No avoiding the inevitable. Might as well embrace it, they said.

What am I talking about? The eruption of the super volcano? No, but some weirdo (and self-educated vulcanologist) at the grocery store recently mentioned, in front of my kids, that if said volcano erupts we will have 49 minutes to await our demise. Thanks dude. I got to explain doomsday people to the girls that day...oddly the girls seem to be over the volcano horror that the guy felt was appropriate conversation to have around young kids.

This is a scientific rendering.

Anyway, back to the whispered theories and ultimate concrete proof offered by Facebook...a big snow storm is barreling our way. Apparently we will get anywhere from 6.5 inches to 1.9 billion feet of snow tonight. My current theory is that the 1.9 billion feet of snow will break through the crust of the super volcano and extinguish that threat. Problem solved.

In the mean time I will break out the hats, mittens and snow pants while weeping over the soon to be frozen daffodils.


1 comment:

Roxanne Veinotte said...

So sorry! So when is winter really over for us? LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...