Thursday, April 7, 2016

Let Them Be Little

One of the preschool teachers at Elise's school sings this song, Let Them Be Little. Every time she sings it I embarrassingly weep. The whole song is about how important a childhood is, how fleeting a time it is. Ah, I could cry about it now. I mean Cordelia is 6 1/2! Elise will be 4 in a few short months. How has time passed so quickly? 

I had a great childhood. My parents gave me the perfect balance of freedoms and limitations. I do hope that we are doing the same for our girls. 


All of their questions, tears, laughter, play, fears, strengths, curiosities, quirks---they are the makeup of the girls they are now and the women they will become in the future. Eric and I are doing our very best to encourage and support them for the people they are now and for their future life. No pressure!

I want so desperately to remember these moments and the foundation they are giving our girls. Snuggles in the morning, afternoon dance parties, long hours of letting them play and learn---these are our days right now and it is a beautiful time.

 Kind of off subject, but...
One thing they are currently doing is using words incorrectly and I want to share them here: 

What entire nation= what in tarnation

kiweed= kiwi

Avocado= Colorado

Cantaloupe= antelope

1 comment:

Mom said...

I was smiling at the words they are using wrong but then had to admit, what entire nation makes about as much sense as what in tar nation. Doesn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...