Wednesday, April 20, 2016

No we did not adopt a ferret


In small town Wyoming there is only one place we can buy vegan dog food. Unfortunately this store also sells animals (we are all about rescue!) which I don't like. At this store they sell ferrets. Have I mentioned that Cordleia is OBSESSED with ferrets.

Now I think ferrets are adorable, but do I think they make great pets? No! The first thing is that ferrets have a super strong odor. The second issue is that they are bitey and chewey. Finally, our dogs and cats would definitely make a ferret miserable.  So my daughter has chosen to obsess about one of the few animals that just won't work in our home. Also, we are at animal max now. 

Anyway...

Yesterday we were at the store buying dog food and one of the workers saw Cordleia  mooning over the baby ferrets. He offered to let her hold one.


The worker also did me a solid by stating how expensive it is to have a ferret and by telling her that they have a special (expensive) air filtration system in the store to help with the stinky ferrets.


I think she understands it will never happen, but she sure was filled with joy for the ten minutes she got to snuggle that stinky little cutie.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Good for you...my first cousin's daughter had one and my nephew and niece-in-law currently have one...and they are very cute...but also very stinky...theirs has a whole room all to itself...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...