Thursday, June 2, 2016

Currently Reading

A friend and I have decided to read books together, sort of a casual-two person-book club. I randomly chose our first book and boy is it a doozy (doozie?). The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass. Have you read this book? It follows a man who had chosen to be a perpetual child and begins with him in a mental institution. I have yet to finish the book, nearing the end. The book is considered a classic post WWII work of literature and I would agree that it certainly captures the mood of the era. 

My parents gifted Cordelia with Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren. A total classic for a reason! I have not read this book in so many years and it is such a treat to read it with the girls. Pippi is a fun and precocious character and she invites a lot of daydreams and conversation. Exactly what one wants in a book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...