Thursday, June 30, 2016

Vertigogo

I rolled over in bed a little before 5:00 this morning and was wakened by vertigo. Have you experienced vertigo before? For me it is like that feeling you get after being on a merry-go-round...but the world just keeps spinning, never falling into focus. Even when I close my eyes I still have a sensation of spinning. 



I sat up in bed, because laying on my back makes it so much more intense. I covered my left eye with one hand and then stared at a fixed point with my right eye. Eventually everything settled a bit, but I am on the edge of vertigo this morning. This means I cannot turn my head quickly, look out of the corner of my eye, put my head upside down, nor can I do my daily yoga...maybe a bit later. 

I have only had vertigo a dozen or so times, but it seems to be happening with increased frequency. So I am currently researching my options...there are not many options. It has something to do with ear crystals.


Just kidding, not these kind of ear crystals. Sadly.

Anyway, it is a small problem to be sure. It is an inconvenience at this point and I know I could have a worse vertigo situation. I am just reminded how thankful I am for a strong and healthy body. The smallest thing can totally undermine our health and well-being. 

So, as soon as things focus a bit more for me I am going to vertigogo out and enjoy my health while I can.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I hope you get better soon...I only had it once when I had an inner ear virus...but it lasted about 6 weeks and it was pretty awful...at first I couldn't even stand up and then I couldn't drive which was really inconvenient...

Feel better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...