Saturday, July 9, 2016

Last Day of Three


Four years ago today I awoke with a feeling that it was about time to welcome our second daughter. I was not in labor, but something felt different. I knew it before I stepped out of bed, a strange intuition that cannot be defined. Some sort of signal was passing between me and Elise. It was nearing the time. 

I told Eric and my mother that I felt like it was about time, but then we went on with our day as usual. Eric and my mother kept checking in throughout the day, but nothing was going on. I enjoyed my last hours with Cordelia as the only child. 

Then on the evening of the ninth of July it began. I knew this would be the last time I had/got to go through labor and delivery (FYI it is not a comfortable experience). I treasured those last moments with a hand on my belly, feeling her safely inside.

Through the night and into the next day it happened. It is hard to believe it has been almost four years since we welcomed Elise into our family. It is equally difficult to imagine a time without her. Today we are soaking up the last drops of age three, though she has her eyes on the prize. She is very excited to be a big four year old.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...