•7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (remove one half of the peppers and reserve for another use), finely chop the peppers
•1/2 yellow onion diced
•1 Tbs olive oil
•1/2 c brown lentils cooked in 2c water until tender---about 20 minutes
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1tsp ground cumin
•.5 tsp ground coriander
•.5 tsp Mexican oregano
• 10-12 corn tortillas, warned at the last minute
• 1-2c shredded lettuce
•1 avocado, sliced
• chopped onion
• 1 tomato, diced
• vegan sour cream and hot sauce
1. Cook your lentils first.
2. In a medium skillet over medium heat cook the diced yellow onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a moment longer.
3. Add the adobo and chopped chipotle. Then add the cumin, coriander, and oregano. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the lentils and reduce heat a bit and cook for about ten minutes. If the lentils start to dry out then add a little water, but don't turn it into a soup.
5. Warm the tortillas and then lay out the rest of the ingredients so everyone can assemble their tacos.