Monday, August 29, 2016

Bloody Nose

I did not take a photo last night, but this is from yesterday.


Last night at 3:16am I heard Cordelia stomping to the bathroom. I lay in the dark and waited. I could tell it was gonna be something just by the weight and speed of step. I waited though, maybe she could handle whatever it was on her own. And she did, but she still wanted her mom. I heard her call to me,"Moooom I have a bloody nose."

So I sleepily shuffled down the darkened hall into the yellow glow of the bathroom. She sat there on a stool with toilet paper folded neatly, pinched over her nose. A few spots on the floor and her chest were all that she had missed. I sat across from her, my legs crossed, we both stared blankly in a sleepy stupor. Time passed. After a bit we checked again...still going.

She gets bloody noses this time of year, so we are used to it. Sometimes they are quickly over with, but last night it took over an hour to stop. It wasn't troubling, not a scary amount of blood...just a long time to stop. 

As time passed we woke a bit more. So we read together on the bathroom floor for over an hour. It was nice, somehow. We laughed a bit and zoned out a bit.

Then she was done and back to bed. I curled up back in my bed, but by then I was awake and it took until 5 to fall back to sleep, but I didn't mind...a quiet hour with Cordelia, bloody nose and all, was a treasure.

2 comments:

Roxanne Veinotte said...

These are precious moments that you and Cordelia will treasure always!

Roxanne Veinotte said...

These are precious moments that you and Cordelia will treasure always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...