Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Fall

Fall is here or almost here. I can hear it, the sound the leaves make as they slap together, leathery. Cordelia and I have been watching them change each day, noting subtle differences in color.
 I have been waffling back and forth between hot and cold. Days are warm and nights are cool. I have an extra blanket on the bed.

 The garden is still gifting us with so much food, more than we can eat, but it looks tired. I can tell our days of fresh veggies are numbered. 

Eric mowed the lawn last week. He may not have to mow again until next spring. Soon it will be leaf raking that we are working through.

Is it fall where you are?



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

...the leaves are just starting to turn...and fall still coloured to the ground...I love fall so much...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...