Monday, October 31, 2016

Nine Years!

Today marks nine years that I have been blogging every single day. The only exceptions have been a family cruise before I knew how to pre-post blogs and giving birth. That is pretty hardcore blogging.

I started this blog during a sad time in my life. I was struggling with depression and just out of grad school I had a meaningless job. The only highlight in my work day was sharing a 10am snack with a co-worker friend. My husband suggested that I start a blog that focused on the positive. I did. And I have for nine years. Some days it is easy to share happiness and other times I seek the good in the bad. 

Over the past nine years we have moved states and homes. Eric and I have had two daughters. Our animal family has gained and lost some. Our human family has also gained and lost.  Normal life stuff has happened and you have been here with me as I have tried to share the positive moments and little things that make life so very precious. You have been with me through huge joy and bittersweet goodbyes. 

When I became a mother I couldn't wait to share photos here! Both times. When we bought our first home I was thrilled to share with you. I somehow managed to discuss heavy issues like miscarriage and post-partum depression here on this blog and try to find the light in the dark. I thank you for reading and for being here with me.

Some days I wonder if I should even continue to blog and other days I cannot imagine what my life would be like without this treasured document. I keep coming back. Some days I barely check in and other days I force myself to stop writing. 

Anyway, thank you for reading.

 

8 comments:

affectioknit said...

Congratulations!...and Thank you for blogging...

~Have a lovely day!

Genevieve said...

Congrats on nine years and thanks for sharing your world.

Jennifer Rebecca said...

I've followed your blog for over 7 years, maybe eight, maybe it has been 9 years (how time flies). I believe I have read every post. I love your blog, and I am so thankful for all you have shared.

Paisley

Geertrude said...

I don't know how long I've been reading your blog, but it's been a long time (I know, I should comment more often, I don't mean to be a stalker).
Nine years of daily blogging... you're really hardcore (says the woman who starts and stops and starts blogging way too often).
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your life!

Daphne said...

Thank you for posting! I miss my blog... I left it for good reasons, but I miss it. I do enjoy yours very very much!

elizabeth said...

i love that you blog and blog. :)
thanks for sharing with us and finding the little things that matter (in amongst the big things that matter - or don't).
here's to many more years, friend!

elizabeth said...

p.s. that picture of you is gorgeous!

Victoria said...

I am grateful for your blogs! You inspire me every single day. Congratulations on your unwavering perseverance!! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...