Thursday, February 16, 2017

Crafter Cordelia

A few months back I taught Cordelia how to finger weave and in doing so I unwittingly created a crafter. Since that moment this girl has been making a finger-woven scarf for every person who even mentions that they like her work. The sweet girl is making them for family and friends and the mother of a friend who complimented her and for teachers and the front desk worker of a place we frequent.

She starts finger weaving when she wakes up. She weaves in the car. She finger weaves when she watches a movie. Sometimes when she is too quiet I will find her up on her bed, just finger weaving.

 
Cordelia with her yarn bag.

I love nurturing her generous spirit and her crafty heart! She is now designing a dress with my mother and they are planning a sewing weekend. I suppose she is ready to crochet too.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I think you're right...she is ready...I learned to knit when I was 8-ish...from my Mom and Nanny...and it really has become a lifelong joy for me...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...