Monday, March 27, 2017

Spring! Spring! Spring!

Oh you know it is the time of year when I basically freak out and want to run through the streets pointing out the tulips and daffodils that are just opening. I want to forcibly push people's faces (in the kindest way of course) into the tiny purple buds which will, in a month or so, erupt into heady blooms of lilac. I feel it all, the hum of life that comes in the form of birds returned from a winter away, bees buzzing lazily in the yard, lawnmowers and sprinklers and children and hours spent outside.

 

The rain and the sun and all of it. I just really love being outside and not accosted by freezing temps and hurricane force winds. 


I would say that in Wyoming I have learned to love the growing season more deeply. 

 

I am so happy to be aware enough to notice the subtleties of this shift. Just being able to notice and appreciate is such a gift.

 

Lately I have been thinking a great deal about how short our time is here. Who can say how many springs I will get to experience, but I sure as heck am going to revel in each one that I get!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...