Thursday, March 23, 2017

Toof (2)

Yesterday around noon I found myself standing in the bathroom of the mall, tugging a tooth from the face of another. No, I am not a lunatic. I am a mother. We were at lunch and Cordelia's second top front tooth was painful and she simply was unwilling to pull. I marched her into the bathroom. Grabbed a paper towel for grip and pulled it out. She thanked me and then skipped proudly back to our crew.

 

So now I have a weird collection of teeth in an envelope in my sock drawer. What do I do with these teeth? We so eagerly awaited their arrival and now do I just toss them? Do I hoard teeth and if so for what purpose? Somehow it feels wrong to just throw them? But it also feels gross to keep a collection of teeth. What does one do with children's teeth?!

2 comments:

Daphne said...

My mom kept our baby teeth. It is weirdly fascinating to look at them now. Put them in a fancy tiny box and enjoy the slightly morbid little package.

affectioknit said...

What a sweet photo of the toof-less one...I still have Scout's baby teeth...I made a little pouch for him to put his teeth in under his pillow...of course I blogged about it long long ago...http://affectioknit.blogspot.com/2008/11/tooth-fairy.html...so while he was actively loosing his teeth...I put them in an old 35 mm film container and kept them in my nightstand drawer...then when they were all out...I just slipped the film container into the little Tooth Fairy pouch...they're still in my drawer...and I really don't know what we 'intend' to do with them...and like you...we just kept them because it seemed so weird to throw them away...

~Have a lovely day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...