Saturday, April 22, 2017

Puke Fest 2017

 

Well, yesterday was memorable. I was sick, super unwell. We were house sitting for my parents so when it became clear that I was 100% out of commission Eric took the day off from work and went to our home with the girls. I just wallowed in misery all by myself at my parents' home. This was a sickness for the ages. At one point I was very uncomfortable sitting in a chair and wanted to lay down, but it took me thirty minutes to gather the energy to make it from the chair to the nearby couch. 

The good thing about this kind of illness is that they tend to move along pretty quick. After about 36 hours with no food I have eaten and seem to be successfully digesting a small bowl of rice cereal (if this is TMI for you then I am sorry, but this is being human) and am eager to feel some energy.

This has been quite a reminder about what a gift health is to a person. Truly I don't even know if I could have driven myself to the doctor yesterday had I needed to go. I am so thankful that my body is able to power through something like this. I am so thankful for my amazing husband who took on solo parenting and gave me a bubble of isolation, while still checking in with me on a regular basis.

Now I need to sanitize EVERYTHING! 

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

Bless your heart...so glad you're feeling better...and hoping no one else in your family succumbs...

~Have a lovely...healthy day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...