Wednesday, April 26, 2017

South Paw

 
Have I ever mentioned that Cordelia is a lefty? I did a little internet research into the subject. Be forewarned that this is purely scrolling through random sites and not actual research. Take it for what it is...

  1. This is pretty unique as less than 15% of the population is left handed. 
  2. I read that the word left actually comes from the Anglo-Saxon word lyft which means broken.
  3. Mothers who are over 40 when they conceive are more than 100% more likely to have a lefty baby. Why?
  4. Twins are more likely to be lefty?! 
  5. I read that in the Inuit culture left handed people are viewed as potential sorcerers. In fact many cultures link left handedness with luck or magic.
  6. There are more left handed people with IQs over 140 than right handed people.
  7. The brains of left-handlers process emotions differently.
  8. They are more likely to have allergies, migraines, insomnia.
  9. They are more likely to be male.
  10. Lefty grads are eventually 26% more wealthy than right handed counterparts!


1 comment:

Geertrude said...

Well, I'm a lefty too, but my twin girls are right-handed (and so is their sister, I'm pretty unique in our little family too). I was a young mother, so that makes #3 right, but my mother was 25 when I was born. 6, 7 and 8 are correct in my case ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...